Featured Image: Victor Sizemore Photography
When choosing your wedding ceremony venue, there are numerous things to consider and important questions to ask. Here are some things to keep in mind when going on a ceremony site visit, broken down into categories:
1. The Wedding date:
- Which dates & times are available?
- If the wedding is in a place of worship, would any congregant be allowed to attend the ceremony?
- Do you hold more than one ceremony on the same day? Would this interfere with our wedding?
- What is the seating and standing capacity in the space?
- If there is more space than required, could some pews be roped off?
- How long is the aisle?
- Is there a room where the bride and bridal party can get ready?
- Is there a preferred location for a receiving line?
- Is there parking? What is the capacity?
- If the wedding is outdoors, is there a rain plan?
- How long before the ceremony can set up begin?
- How are the acoustics in the venue?
- Does the officiant require a microphone?
- Do the readers require a microphone?
- Is one available if needed?
- Is there an organ or piano?
- Could we hire outside musicians to play it?
- Could other musicians be hired to play other instruments?
- Do you have any restrictions regarding instruments or music?
- Is there room for musicians to set up?
- Are there enough electrical outlets for the musicians?
- Are photography and videography allowed?
- Where would be ideal for formal photos?
- Do you allow couples to order their own flower arrangements?
- If a place of worship, do couples usually donate the ceremony flowers, or can they be used for the reception?
- Are there any restrictions in terms of decor? For example, are candles allowed? What areas are we allowed to decorate?
- How much does it cost to use the site?
- What deposit is required?
- When is the remaining balance due?
- What is your cancellation policy?
- Is there a staff member to help run a rehearsal?
- Is there a staff member to help coordinate on the day of including cuing everyone for the processional and helping with the setup?
- Do you allow throwing birdseed or blowing bubbles following the ceremony?
- Is there an ideal location for this?
- Does the venue have liability insurance?