Ultimately, it’s your decision to invite children or not to invite children to your wedding. It can be a touchy topic of discussion, but it’s only a matter of preference. If you’re having trouble finding the best way to tell your guests that children should be left at home, start by identifying one of three approaches you prefer.
Top Featured Invitation: Ceci New York
A great way to alert your guests that children are not allowed is to simply address the invitation to adults only. Your guests should not assume that children are invited if the envelope is addressed to “Mr. and Mrs. Williams.” You can also include an RSVP card that reads, “We have reserved _ seats in your honor,” and only include the number of adults you wish to invite. Just be careful about being too subtle in your approach, as some guests may make the assumption that their children are invited nonetheless. To avoid confusion, you many need to verbally confirm with your guests and let them know that you are not expecting any children.
Simple, straight-to-the-point messages are sometimes the best option. On the invitation or RSVP card, you can indicate that children are not invited to your wedding. Though this is the most effective method, it’s possible that some guests may be offended. Here are a few examples:
- Adult Only Occasion
- Adult Reception
- This invitation is extended to adults only
Dress it Up
If none of the above approaches make you feel comfortable, you might consider sugar coating your message with more of an explanation. Handle the situation gently with a nice message:
- To create an evening of relaxation for all guests, including those who are parents, we have decided to make our wedding day an adult-only affair. We hope you are still able to partake in our special day and will enjoy having the evening off!
- To give our guests the chance to relax and have a great time without worrying about little-people ears and eyes, we kindly request no children.
- Though we love to see the children run and play, this is an adults-only type of day.
- Sweet dreams to children under 17.
Keep in mind that this approach could take up a lot of space on your invitation or it can require you to print an additional card at an additional expense.
Featured Invitations: B Wedding Invitations
Featured Invitation:The Invitation Co.