Wedding transportation may seem like a small detail, but it could be a huge inconvenience if left out of the planning process. Riding in style adds a touch of class to your special day, and wedding party and immediate family members will appreciate the gesture.
Things To Do:
- Book transportation for the bride, groom, wedding party, and immediate family to the ceremony and the reception.
- Secure a getaway car for the bride and groom.
- Arrange for the immediate family’s transportation from the reception.
- Submit signed contract and deposit to the transportation company.
- If necessary, arrange to have a trusted friend or family member drive the bride and/or groom’s car(s) home after the reception.
- Locate a shuttle service to transport out-of-town guests from their hotel to the ceremony and reception locations and then back to the hotel, if they wish.
- Reserve transportation to the airport or train station for the honeymoon.
- Provide your drivers with all directions, addresses, and contact numbers.
- Solidify and confirm all transportation arrangements.
- Before the wedding day, fill the bride and groom’s car(s) with plenty of gas, if they will be used.
- Inspect the vehicles in which you will actually ride on your big day. They should be prefect.
- Though stretch limousines are popular and offer plenty of space, they are not the only option.
- Let your photographer know if you are hiring a special car for the day — photos of you and the groom next to your getaway car are a must!
- Let your wedding party know if there are any restrictions against decorating the vehicle.
- Some venue hosts will offer a complimentary shuttle service to and from the hotel from the ceremony and reception locations to limit the likelihood of drinking and driving. You should ask about this before signing your contract.
Featured Cover Image: BinaryFlips Photography