Bachelorette parties are always a great excuse to celebrate with close friends. It’s no secret though that the logistics behind planning them often lead to a few tears or just a wee bit of girl drama. Fortunately you can skip all of that and focus on having fun. Just follow these simple pro tips from Joanne Barken, the founder of online bachelorette party planning platform The Bach.
Top Featured Image: Leslee Mitchell
- Keep the Planning Process Simple: Don’t let yourself get overwhelmed when tackling the bachelorette party plans! Not every venue makes a perfect pit stop for bachelorette groups, so instead of starting from scratch, The Bach to help you find curated lists of vetted restaurants, bars, spas and activities tailor-made for bachelorette parties. The site will help you build itineraries, send invitations, and coordinate with your group of guests for a unique activity in all the top 75 destinations in North America.
- Don’t be Afraid to Think Outside the Box: If your group of gals is tired of the stereotypical bachelorette party (think clubs, strippers, etc.) then don’t be afraid to get creative! Look for activities the bride has always wanted to try or those you know she would love. Signing up for a class, whether it is to learn to paint, dance, or cook, is always a fun way to bond with the girls and try something new.
- Reserve Some Time to Relax With the Bride: It’s easy to pack the bachelorette party weekend with tons of activities and events. Unfortunately, this also creates a stressful situation where bridesmaids spend the weekend eyeing the clock and shuffling people from one venue to the next. Instead, make sure you pencil in some time to all hang by the pool or to play some bachelorette games in the hotel room.
- Stick to a Reasonable Budget: Before you begin booking venues, establish a budget that the other bridesmaids are comfortable with. Keep in mind that there are lots of ways you can lower costs without cutting down on the fun. For example, booking manicures and pedicures is a great alternative to a day at a fancy spa that not everyone can afford.
- Get Creative: Once the heavy lifting is done, it’s time to get creative! Whether you decide to incorporate a fun theme, or make DIY party decorations, brides always love when their bridesmaids add a unique, personal twist to their bachelorette party. It can even be as simple as coming up with a fun hashtag or cute party favors.
Photography: Leslee Mitchell