The truth is that many brides take matters in to their own hands when it comes to makeup, hair, and spa-like facials leading up to the wedding day. It can really be quite liberating to do it yourself. But prepping hair, skin, and make up should begin months before the wedding. We found 10 great beauty DIY infographics with some pretty cool tips to help you get the professional look without spending the big bucks.
1. Great Lashes to Bat: Dramatizing the lashes is a great way to make the eyes pop. Image via Consumer Health Digest.
2. For Love and Lemons. Who knew lemons could be such great natural resources … especially for whitening your teeth before those up close and personal wedding photo sessions. Info via Women’s Health Mag.
3. Sweeter than Honey. Honey also has amazing health properties that may help clear up pre-wedding day blemishes and condition those luscious locks. Leon’s Beauty Tips and Secrets explains 12 benefits.
4. Unconventional Beauty Secrets. The Ogle School breaks down some of the most useful beauty hacks that you can access right in your home.
5. The Cucumber … because sometimes you just need a little spa treatment in the comfort of your own home. Info via Leon’s Beauty Tips and Secrets.
6. For the DIY Bride. Plan on doing your own makeup for your wedding day? The following ideas via Simply Bridal are great for any season.
7. The At-Home Facial via Mario Badescu. I actually do a similar routine at home every week. Implement a facial of your own about 3 months before the wedding using only products that you are certain will not give you an allergic reaction.
8. Treat the Pearly Whites. Who doesn’t want the picture perfect smile on their wedding day? That might mean giving up on the coffee and tea for a while and putting to use some of these home remedies via Remedy Land.
9. Makeup 101. This is my favorite infographic. Contouring and highlighting looks uber complicated to me, but this visual aid from The Beauty Department simplifies the process so you can do it yourself.
10. Radiant Skin. Great tips from She Knows.