When looking for a tent for your wedding reception, you want to properly cover all of the venue’s specifications and restrictions so that there are no surprises on the wedding day. You also want to ask for visuals beforehand, so that you know you are getting exactly what you are asking for. Here is a list of important questions to ask when meeting with the tent rental representative.
- What is the breakdown of the total cost? This should be an itemized list that includes delivery fees, taxes, setup and breakdown fees, lighting, and other rental charges etc.
- What is the payment policy?
- What is the cancellation and refund policy?
- Do you have proof of liability insurance?
- Will I need a permit or will your company handle the permit for the tent? (Typically, a full-service rental company will handle permits.)
- How much time will you need for setup and breakdown? (Make sure your wedding venue will accommodate them.)
- Do you design and install lighting? Do you have any lighting recommendations?
- Will I need heating and/or air-conditioning?
- How much power will be needed? Will you need a generator? Do you have a backup generator?
- Do you recommend subfloors and if so, what are the additional costs and time to install them?
- Do you have any recommendations for the dance floor under the tent? Keep in mind that the size of the dance floor impacts the size of the tent, and how you set up the tables, food service line and guest flow.
- What type of tables do you recommend with the tent size that I need?
Featured Cover Image: Jon CU