Here is the breakdown of how much a wedding photographer will cost based on different packages and experience:
- Wedding photography is typically 10% of the total wedding budget. This is fair for wedding budgets up to $100k; the percentage may diminish for wedding budgets over $100k.
- $$$ Photographers usually range between $3,000 to $6,000
- $$$$ Photographers usually range between $6,000 to $10,000
- $$$$$ Photographers usually start at $10,000; most high-end photographers cost $12k-$15k and up.
What Is Included?
- Basic wedding photography packages may include 6~8 hours of wedding day coverage, pre-wedding consultation & timeline assistance, online proofing gallery, and a limited number of high-resolution, edited digital images.
- Second photographer or assistant may be included depending on the photographer and starting price.
Additional Fees or A La Carte Items
- Extra hourly coverage or overtime fee
- Second photographer if it’s not included in the package
- Engagement session
- Boudoir session
- Rehearsal dinner coverage
- Day after brunch coverage
- Albums or photo books
- Travel costs for destination weddings