When choosing your wedding ceremony venue, there are numerous things to consider. Prepare yourself with this list of key questions to ask when going on a ceremony site visit, broken down into categories:
1. The Wedding date
- Is my preferred date and time available?
- Do you hold more than one ceremony on the same day? Would this interfere with our wedding?
- How much does it cost to use the site? What does it include?
- How much is the deposit and when is it due?
- When is the remaining balance due?
- What is your refund and cancellation policy?
- Does the venue have liability insurance?
- How many wedding guests can this ceremony space hold?
- How long is the aisle?
- Are there rooms/spaces where the bride and bridal party can get ready?
- Are there enough bathrooms for guests? Do I need to bring in portable facilities?
- Is there parking? What is the capacity?
- Do you allow throwing flower petals or blowing bubbles following the ceremony?
- If the wedding is outdoors,what is the backup plan in case of bad weather?
- How long can we use the space?
- How long before the ceremony can set-up begin?
- How much time do we have to clean-up after the ceremony?
- Can we schedule a rehearsal time? Is there a staff member to help run a rehearsal?
- Is there a staff member to help coordinate on the wedding day?
- For a religious venue, are there any restrictions regarding clothing?
- Are there any restrictions or rules I haven’t covered that I should know about?
- How are the acoustics in the venue?
- Does the officiant require a microphone?
- Do the readers require a microphone?
- Is one available if needed?
- Is there an organ or piano?
- Could we hire outside musicians to play it?
- Could other musicians be hired to play other instruments?
- Do you have any restrictions regarding instruments or music?
- Are there enough electrical outlets for the musicians?
- Are photography and videography allowed?
- Are there any restrictions on photography or videography?
- Do you allow couples to order their own flower arrangements?
- If a place of worship, do couples usually donate the ceremony flowers, or can they be used for the reception?
- Are there any restrictions or rules in terms of decorations? For example, are candles allowed? What areas are we allowed to decorate?
- Are there any rules on lighting or where they can be set up?
Featured Cover Image: Vero Suh Photography