Here are some key points to address with your baker, pastry chef or caterer. Make sure to get everything down in writing before you sign the contract!
- The wedding date, time, and location where the cake should be delivered.
- A written description of the interior and exterior of the cake, including the cake flavor, fillings, type of icing, number of tiers, tier shapes, toppers, decorations, and number of servings. Also attach a sketch or photo of your wedding cake.
- The total fee for the wedding cake, along with the deposit amount and final payment information.
- Fees for delivery, setup and breakdown, along with a description of how and when the cake will be delivered to the wedding site.
- List of any related items, such as a cake stand or cake server, that need to be delivered, and rental fees, if applicable.
- Cake-cutting fee, if applicable.
- Top-tier cake preservation.
- Take-home boxes for leftover cake.
- Cancellation and refund policy.
- Any additional charges, if applicable.
Featured Cover Image: Breanna McKendrick