If you want to avoid skyrocketing costs, then be flexible when it comes to your wedding flowers. Forces of nature, transportation, or labor issues may all affect flower availability and prices. Here are some budget-friendly tips to help you stay on budget:
- Stick with local flowers: Using in season local flowers will save you the shipping costs and/or import tax. They also won’t wilt as quickly.
- Prioritize what you need: Let your florist know what is most important to you, be flexible with the rest.
- Keep it simple: sometimes, simplicity is best and can be just as classic and glam.
- Stay grounded: Low centerpieces will be more budget-friendly and intimate than taller centerpieces.
- Avoid the peak wedding seasons and special holidays: Avoid planning a wedding near major flower-heavy holidays, such as Valentine’s Day or Mother’s Day, and the peak wedding seasons.
- Be creative: Add texture and volume to floral arrangements with lush leaves and branches, or place large candles in elegant glass hurricanes, these flower alternatives are more budget-friendly and can add a warm, romantic and intimate vibe.
Featured Cover Image: Jose Villa Photography