Videos are a great way to capture and relive your wedding celebration. While most wedding videographers will present different package options, some may offer a la carte services. The price range will vary depending on the length of coverage, the number of cameras used, and the style of the edited video.
- The national average spend on videographer in 2016 is $1,995 according to The Knot.
- Wedding photography and videography are typically 12% of the total wedding budget. This is fair for wedding budgets up to $100k; the percentage may diminish for wedding budgets over $100k.
What is Included
- Basic package: typically includes coverage of only the wedding ceremony, with roughly 60 to 90 minutes of footage from a single-camera. This includes appropriate lighting and a minimum of one edited video with or without music.
- Enhanced package: includes the above, with the addition of one to three hours of coverage for the wedding reception.
- Deluxe package: Include two cameras at the ceremony, one or two cameras at the reception, up to five hours of coverage, lighting, and at least three copies of the edited DVD with custom music, titles, or on-screen menus.
- Premium package: includes two or three cameras at the ceremony and reception, with up to eight hours of coverage. The coverage could begin with the preparation of the ceremony and reception sites, the bridal party getting dressed, and end with coverage of the wedding reception. Packages will also include custom music, titles, on-screen menus, photo montage, and interviews with the couple. This package will usually include planning sessions with the couple and other vendors, such as photographer or planner.
- Luxury package: includes everything in the premium package but with more time coverage. This will likely include additional coverage of the rehearsal and rehearsal dinner, possibly the post-wedding brunch, as well as additional interviews with close relatives and the wedding party. Sometimes, this package may include a video “simulcast,” which replays edited footage from the ceremony onto a screen at the reception.
An Example of Luxury Package in DC/MD/VA Area
- The cost for this Luxury Package is around $6000.
- Cinematic highlight video (incorporate speeches/vows and is 7-9 minutes long).
- Same day edit of cinematic highlight video if needed.
- Up to 10 hours coverage.
- Two videographers.
- 4 Cameras for ceremony.
- Multi-cam edit of ceremony/reception (so you can watch the main events of the day in their entirety).
- 3 Blurays and digital HD file of final edit.
- Professional audio recording for ceremony (lapel mic and/or plug into soundboard).
- Raw footage is available for any package for an additional $50.
- Sales tax will be added at time of signing for MD/VA residents.
Find the Right Wedding Videographer
- View the works of both the least expensive and most expensive videographer in your local area, in order to get a better idea of the quality of work that is being delivered at those specific price ranges.
- Meet in-person with each videographer before making a final decision.
- Ask how the videographer typically interacts with the emcee, caterer, and photographer. You want a videographer who stays in close contact with the emcee, so they know when to be ready to capture important moments, such as cake cutting, bouquet toss, first dance, and so forth.
- If you do not have a wedding planner, be sure that the videographer and emcee touch base ahead of time before the reception begins.
Featured Cover Image: Archetype Studios