Before deciding on a hair stylist for your wedding, you will want to make sure that all of your needs, from the trial run to the day-of, will be covered. We suggest you start with these key questions and go from there.
- Do you have any references that I can call?
- Can I see a portfolio of your past wedding hairstyles?
- What is your fee and payment policy? Deposit and due date for the remaining balance?
- What is your cancellation policy?
- Can I schedule a trial run? What is the rate?
- Will the stylist doing my hair for the trial run be the same stylist for my wedding day?
- Is there a backup stylist in case there is an emergency and you cannot make it to my wedding?
- Will you be able to travel to me or will I have to travel to your studio?
- Will you be able to stay on site to help with hair, veil, and headpiece touchups after the ceremony? If so, will there be an additional charge?
- Will you be bringing your own equipment and hair products?
- What products do you use?
- What kind of space do you require?
- How long will it take to have my hair done?
- If you are unable to come to my wedding venue, can you provide a hair product that I can use for quick touchups?
- Do you know how to work with veils, headpieces, and hair jewelry (bring your headpieces to the trial run, if wearing)?
- Will you bring an assistant?
- Is it possible for me to meet your assistant? Does your assistant have solo styling experience?
- Will you be doing the hair styling for my bridal party or will your assistant? How much time will this require and what are the rates?
Featured Cover Image: elstile