Your wedding photos might just be one of the most important elements in your wedding planning. After all, the photography is what you’ll remember your beautiful day by, and these are images you’ll want to protect and share with your children and grandchildren. To ensure that you have the best possible experience with your wedding photographer, here is a general checklist of things you need to do for your wedding photography planning.
Things to Do:
- Look through magazines and wedding albums of friends and family to get an idea of the photography style you desire.
- Schedule appointments to interview photographers who you admire.
- Book your favorite photographer.
- Send the photographer your signed contract and deposit.
- Plan and schedule your engagement photo shoot.
- Supply your photographer with a list of moments and important people to be photographed at the wedding.
- Assign someone to introduce the important people to your photographer during the wedding.
- Provide a shot list to that assigned person.
- Confirm location, date and time with your photographer near the wedding day.
- Get your photographer’s contact information for the wedding day.
- Choose your favorite wedding photos for the wedding album.
- Ask your photographer if you can see a sample album of an entire wedding as opposed to a few best shots of multiple weddings. You’ll want to capture a realistic perspective of your photographer’s skill.
- If you decide to use an agency to find a photographer, be sure that your photographer is the one whose work you have reviewed. Also, request to meet the photographer in person.
- Prior to your wedding day, it’s a good idea for your photographer to scout out the location to choose the best settings for photographs.
- Make sure your photographer brings backup equipment so that no important shots are left out if technical malfunctions occur.