Every bride is different when it comes to following the steps of wedding planning — you choose what elements you want to spend more time on than others. Just be mindful of what works best for you! The wedding planning process wouldn’t be complete without getting a glimpse of these basic wedding planning tips from some of our favorite planners.
1. Designate a day each week that is devoted to things other than wedding! Schedule a date night, a girls night or some time just for you to soak in all of the excitement of your engagement. You’ll avoid bridal burnout and make your planning experience less stressful, happier and healthier — Melissa Barrad of I Do Weddings & Events.
2. Choosing your wedding dress is one of the biggest decisions you will make. If you second guess the dress when you try it on, leave it. You will know when that dress is meant for you the minute you put it on — Thomas Bui of Thomas Bui Lifestyle.
3. Your planning process should be filled with excitement. Be sure to celebrate the milestones along the way with your soon to be. Booked the band you love? Go out dancing with your fiance to commemorate! Your wedding day will fly by, make the planning process just as fun — Regina Young of Meant2Be Events.
4. Don’t wait until the last minute! Everything you need to do for the wedding should be 100 percent complete at least a week before the wedding. Your only focus in the days leading up to the wedding should be spending time with family and friends who have traveled into town to celebrate with you — Betsy Krug of Rebecca Rose Events.
5. Prioritize! Jot down the few wedding elements that are most important to you and have your fiance do the same. Focus more of your time, energy, and finances toward those lists and allow yourself not to get completely caught up in a detail you both feel is less relevant — Shannon Gail of Shannon Gail Events.
6. Pay attention to deadlines and be mindful that your likely going to have rush fees for things like attire, stationery and printing — Lindsay Longacre of LVL Weddings and Events.