Here is the breakdown of how much bridesmaid dress and its alteration will cost:
- On the low end, you can find off-the-rack bridesmaid dresses from an online shop or department store for $50-$150.
- For a mid-range price, you can find satin bridesmaid dresses with no elaborate detailing for about $150-$250.
- On the high end, you can find dresses made with luxurious fabric, such as silk, or intricate details and hand beading. These dresses can cost $300 and up.
- On average bridesmaid dress alterations cost between $55 and $150, but may vary due to customization and size changes.
What Is Included
- Bridal salons should take professional measurements of the bridesmaid before placing the order of the dress.
- Always have your measurements taken by a professional in order ensure an accurate fit — even if you purchase a dress online or are having it delivered from a non-local store.
- Most bridal shops will offer alteration services, but will typically charge an additional fee. Depending on what needs to be done, most bridesmaid dress alterations will run between $20-$100.
- Common alterations include bodice adjustments, hemming and sleeve shortening.
- Bodice adjustments usually cost the least, unless there’s beading or boning to adjust.
- Hemming costs vary depending on the number of layers on the dress.
- Sleeve shortening is not complicated unless there is considerable beading or lace detail.
- Get alteration estimates in writing before you place the dress order.
Shopping Tips for a Bridesmaid Dress
- Try to pick a color and style that will complement all of your bridesmaids’ body types and skin tones.
- As soon as you have decided upon a color and style for the bridesmaid dresses, have the bridesmaids place their orders to avoid rush fees.
- Unless you plan to pick up the cost, have the bridesmaids’ budgets be the deciding factor in choosing the dress — not yours!
Featured Cover Image Bridesmaid Dress: BHLDN